boop. – An adorable & challenging abstract strategy game for 2 clever cats
“boop” cats off the bed before they boop yours!
Easy to learn but hard to master…
- You’ll start out with only kittens and they can be placed anywhere on the board.
- Every time you place a kitten on the bed, it goes “boop”. Which is to say that it pushes every other kitten next to it on the board one space away.
- Line up three kittens in a row to graduate them into cats!
- Get three cats in a row or get all eight of your cats on the board at the same time to win. Whoever accomplishes this first is the winner!
But that isn’t easy with both you AND your opponent constantly “booping” kittens around.
It’s like… herding cats!
Can you “boop” your cats into position to win? Or will you just get “booped” right off the bed?
- Approachable but challenging abstract game. Plays in 20 to 30 minutes.
- Features a quilted, fabric board that lays over the back of the box, completing the miniature bed playing surface. 8 wood kittens and cats per player – 32 adorable cat pieces in all!
boop. is quick, simple, and fun!
- Players: 2
- Ages: 10 and Up
- Time: 20-30 min
- Genre: Abstract Strategy, Strategy, Family
This game looks like a kid’s game (and, yes, they will love it too). I mean, the cute factor is undeniable with the thick wood cat and kitten pieces – and a quilted fabric game board that makes a bed for the cats to play on. BUT make no mistake, this game is first and foremost a challenging abstract strategy game for adults. And a GREAT one at that.. I love Chess, Shobu, Onitama and Tak. Boop earns a spot right next to them. It is super simple to teach/learn – but it will put your skills to the test. Buy it for the cuteness, but enjoy it for the amazing game play.
- The Dice Tower: 8.5/10 – Seal of Excellence.
- TheGameBoyGeek: Love this 2-player abstract game.
- Dicebreaker: A pure delight and a worthy follow up to Shobu – One of tabletop gaming’s true hidden gems of the last five years.
- Before You Play: We recommended this cute abstract strategy game. Super simple rules and quick set up. The production quality of the components is great. One of our favorite abstract game.
- BoardGameCo: 3.5/5 – Very clean accessible abstract game. Easy to play, easy to teach, but with solid complexity and deep. Based on the unique Shobu abstract game.